Living Stones Christian Church (LSCC) is a community that is focused on being faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, our King. We believe that spreading the good news of the Gospel is an integral part of putting our faith into action, and our community has a start-up atmosphere where everybody has an active role. We live out our allegiance to Him by innovating, incubating, and collaborating to further God's Kingdom.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, entirely trustworthy, authoritative Word of God. The Bible alone and in its entirety, is the Word of God written and is therefore inerrant in the autographs.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is a Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each an uncreated person, one in essence, equal in power and glory.
3. We believe in the deity and kingship of our Lord Jesus the Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection on the third day, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory as King.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people it is by faith in our Lord Jesus the Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and purposed to witness and work for the ministry of the Kingdom.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus the Christ with Jesus as the head of the church, who dwells amongst the saints, and the evidence of that unity being shown by how we love one another
Meet the Team
Josh is a "tentmaking" bi-vocational minister with a heart for raising up leaders, networking, and launching gospel-centered, Kingdom-minded ministries & churches. He graduated from Western Seminary with a Master's of Divinity. His current passions are for young adults, young professionals, and young families in their 20's and 30's. Pastor Josh and his wife Jenny have three children Joelle, Jacob & Josie.
Hobbies: San Jose Sharks, Chick Fil-A & whiffle ball.
Daniel graduated with a M.Div from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena. He has a passion for preaching and teaching the gospel, developing, supporting, and nurturing leaders, and the church because the church is where the gospel happens. He grew up and spent most of his life in San Diego. Daniel and his wife Cindy have two kids, Cassidy and August.
Hobbies: Studying the bible, playing Ultimate Frisbee, video games, the Padres, and the Chargers.
(Executive Admin & Treasurer)
With a degree in Christian Ministry from Northwestern College and a background in banking & finance, Sarah enjoys supporting LSCC and its leaders in various capacities. Sarah and her husband Phil have two sons, Elijah & Isaiah.
Hobbies: Going to the gym, mall, or a local restaurant eating calamari
(Pebbles Staff & General Assistant)
Karyna graduated from the University of Portland with a degree in Psychology and a minor in education. She is passionate about working with children and hopes to stimulate their development by nourishing their talents and interests. As an administrative leader, she aspires to celebrate every LSCC member and support the LSCC community in all their needs. Currently, she is going to school to further her dream of becoming a pediatrician.
Hobbies: Hiking, reading, traveling, having stimulating conversations, and spending time with friends and family.
History & Culture
Evolving from an idea to merge our small groups to create a church, our culture is very startup-esque, easy going, but efficient, faithful, and boy do we love to eat! Everyone is very hands on and love to get involved. We strive for excellence in how we serve the Lord and implement new ideas to get things done.
We currently have one service every Sunday, followed by LSL (Living Stones Lunch) where we go to a restaurant to enjoy a meal together. Once a quarter, we encourage our members to have Wildcard Sunday. This is where we stir up opportunities to worship outside of the box on Sundays.
A non-profit consulting company that exists to help people discover and use the gifts & talents God has given them. Since its conception, the company has supported projects that include book publishing, online magazine & blog creation, and software tools & development.
A ministry devoted to supporting college students, graduate students and new post-college professionals to be faithful in serving the Kingdom as they transition from college life to work & home life.